1. Take a look at one of my favorite people's website Iris Classon, OK fine she doesn't know me but I know her work and i must say she rocks.
You are the best thanks to you I managed to finish my MSc. programming project keep on coding and rocking.
2. Have a look at the Telerik website they provide an awesome "plugin" for data grids.
Create fascinating touch-enabled Windows 8 apps that users will love. Built from the ground up for Windows 8, RadControls offer the same intuitive UI and UX no matter if you are developing in XAML or HTML. Being the first native Windows 8 controls around, RadControls guarantee to shorten your time to market, to get your app certified faster, and to help your app receive better ranks. Download today, experience the rich capabilities, and witness why RadControls were chosen by the world's leading companies for their Windows 8 apps! - RadControls for Windows 8
3. Download Visual Studio Express 2012
4. Ohh by the way you will also need a Windows 8 machine be it a Virtual Machine or however else you wish to do it.
5. Before even thinking about the coding look at the Design Principles since Windows 8 metro style apps are different from the usual Windows forms apps in the UX and UI design.
6. The most important of all is the drive and passion for coding else all goes out of the door